Personal identification information is any information that can be used to identify an individual. This may include:
- Full name: First, middle, and last name
- Date of birth: Month, day, and year of an individual’s birth
- Place of birth: City, state, and country of an individual’s birth
- Gender: Male, female, or other
- Marital status: Single, married, divorced, or widowed
- Phone number: Home, cell, or work phone number
- Email address: Personal or professional email address
- Mailing address: Home or work mailing address
- Government-issued identification: Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, etc.
- Fingerprints: Digital or physical fingerprints
- Facial recognition: Digital or physical facial features
- Signature: Digital or physical signature
This information is often used to verify an individual’s identity, such as when opening a bank account or applying for a loan. It is important to protect personal identification information as it can be used to steal an individual’s identity and commit fraud.